The Century Foundation (TCF), an independent progressive public policy think tank, seeks an experienced researcher and policy advocate to serve as a fellow with the health care team, managing work on public option proposals and the related issues of health equity, quality care, and affordability of health insurance coverage.
The Fellow will engage in research and strategic advocacy on policies at the federal and state level. This position is based out of TCF’s Washington, D.C. Office. Some domestic travel may be required, in coordination with safety standards due to COVID-19.
- Scoping out, prioritizing, and developing a workplan in conjunction with the health care reform director.
- Identifying and executing nonpartisan research and policy analysis.
- Conducting literature reviews, writing reports and short-form commentary pieces.
- Monitoring policy developments at the state and federal levels.
- Meeting with decision makers, community partners, and consumers to hear their perspectives on public option plans, health equity, quality care and affordability of health insurance coverage.
- Organizing and participating in events and meetings that bring together key stakeholders in the health care space.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced degree (masters or doctorate) or demonstrated equivalent required.
- Experience in analyzing, developing, and promoting public policies relating to health care, insurance coverage, and/or health equity.
- Experience in advocacy, including coalition-building and organizing.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience writing for various audiences.
- Familiarity with state, federal and local governmental policy-making processes.
- Strong commitment to health equity, namely racial and gender justice in health care.
- A commitment to progressive values and interest in TCF’s health care research agenda.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for all TCF employees and contractors.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in positions related to policy policy and advocacy, including applied research and policy analysis, government, legislative advocacy, and community organizing.
This position is funded in part by project grant support.
The Century Foundation is committed to diversity and building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply, including women, LGBTQ+ people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
This is a full-time position in our Washington D.C. office with a minimum salary of $85,000. TCF is currently working remotely. All TCF staff are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination.